EvaluAgent is looking for a home based Head of Solutions Engineering to expertly lead a remote team of skilled Sales Engineers, partnering with our sales & customer success teams, as a technical resource with commercial acumen.
You'll be responsible for driving strong leadership in creating and maintaining a bar raising sales engineering team, with the focus on exceeding revenue quotas through a laser sharp technical sales process.
What We Offer:
- A salary up to £105k based on your previous experience
- 30% bonus
- Flexible working hours and (UK) location to accommodate a work-life balance
- Company Sick Pay
- Company pension
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays plus your birthday off
- Vitality - Private Health Insurance
- Income protection
- Group life insurance
- Enhanced family leave (maternity, paternity, adoption)
- A great work from abroad policy
- Comprehensive on-boarding and ongoing development
- Supported Personal Development plan with an allocated budget
- Occasional International travel
- Two annual all business meetups
- Additional team / project meet ups in the UK as necessary
We genuinely care about our people, work with us and you’ll experience autonomy, trust and passion in heaps and bounds.
To succeed its likely you will have:
- 5+ years working in a sales engineering/solutions architect role in SaaS
- 3+ years leading a sales engineering SaaS team
- Strong technical background, with experience in cloud-based software, APIs, databases, and web development frameworks.
- Experience in solution design and developing proposals for customers including managing of RFPs.
- The ability to communicate & present complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency in conducting technical product demonstrations and effectively addressing client inquiries.
- Ability to lead, inspire, and develop a high-performing sales engineering team, fostering a culture of growth and excellence.
- A passion for problem solving and a roll up sleeves demeanour.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, KPI and target driven environment
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and eager to learn about new technologies and industry trends.
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment.
Day to day you will:
- Lead and mentor a remote based team of Sales Engineers that partner with our Sales & Customer Success teams as a technical resource with commercial acumen
- You and your team will be responsible for understanding prospects and existing customers technical requirements and translating how our solution can be a fit to add technical and commercial value
- Formulate & manage an on-going technical sales process that entails understanding a customer’s requirements and filling the gaps through product demonstrations, presentations, and technical discussions to showcase value.
- Provide strategic guidance on developing customised product solutions that align with clients' business needs.
- Serve as the escalation point for complex technical inquiries and pre-sales technical support.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product and engineering and customer success, to drive operational excellence
- Contribute to technical proposals, RFP responses, and other sales collateral.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive offerings.
- Work to improve sales methodology and processes with your technical expertise, identifying opportunities and risks that deliver growth
- Advocate for clients by providing feedback to the product development team based on market insights
- Assess gaps in evolving training needs and then create and implement programs to improve sales, product and technology skills of the Sales Engineering team
- Help companies across varying industries to understand and evaluate the technical capabilities of our products, leading evaluation cycles to gain product fit consensus.
- Understand and interpret prospective customer requirements, delivering customized product demonstrations to match customer needs.
- Design, validate, and document technical solutions to share with prospective customers and Evaluagent teams including Scopes of Work, POC agreements & RFPs.
- Collect and analyse feedback from prospective customers to influence roadmap, collaborating with product management teams to meet our prospects’ business challenges and align with Evaluagents business objectives,
- Refine our internal processes to ensure effective measurement of performance, consistent experience from internal & external partners, and improvement to team’s impact on the success of deals.
The Key Performance Metrics for this role:
- Conversion to quota achievement
- Sales cycle length
- Activity (# demos, # POCs, # opportunities worked, # on/off site customer meetings, % time on post-sale activities)
- Product expertise
- Number of POCs & Conversion of POC to CW
- Technical knowledge
- Demonstration & Commercial knowledge
We’re on a mission to power a people-first era for contact centres – one where Employee Experience (EX) is prioritized alongside Customer Experience (CX). We plan to take our existing QA and Improvement platform to the next level and become a market-leading Workforce Engagement Platform for fast growth sales and service teams around the globe.
We’re a UK-based, tech scale-up business with clients all over the world and a product that is proving hugely popular with our target market. We are proud to be associated with highly innovative brands like Samsung, Vitality Health and ManoMano. We’re moving fast with treble digit revenue growth, and we’ve recently closed a $20m Series A funding round with a highly respected American growth fund.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to employing the best people with the right experience and qualifications for the role. We provide equal opportunities for all our candidates and employees and do not discriminate on any factors such as gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or disability.
Application Closing Date
This role operates on a rolling interview process, meaning we will be conducting interviews until we extend an offer. As a result, candidates may progress through the interview stages at varying paces.